I don't know what the deal is. I am starting to think I am either a hypochondriac or an actually sickly person. Hubby and I thought I had appendicitis. I ended up in the ER where I got a CT scan. No appendicitis but they did find several kidney stones and a defect on my other kidney, and I was diagnosed with a GI virus.
Since this little illness started, I have gained back the 5 pounds I lost during the first two weeks at Crossfit, which seems really impossible considering the number of fresh fruit and veggie & superfood juices and smoothies I have consumed due to my lack of appetite and nausea. I am starting to feel better, but the nausea is lingering. Still, I am eating as well as I can and although I missed all of last week in the gym, I am back on track with my workouts too. I feel like I am just on a treadmill (actually, it's an elliptical...but I digress) and going nowhere, putting on and taking off the same few pounds. My whole goal is to lose weight and feel better. I feel BETTER....but I want to LOSE WEIGHT AND FEEL BETTER!
This little illness has really reinforced the fact that I need to get my crap together once and for all with my eating. I can workout 4+ days a week and never lose a pound. But I want to do everything I can on my own end, eat the right foods and exercise as much as I can, within healthy limits. So I am done. Really and finally. I've been juicing for the past week and my body is resisting every moment of it. But I know a breakthrough is on the way. How are YOU doing and where do you struggle?
No comments:
Post a Comment