Friday, September 27, 2013

Late Night EASY Chicken Noodle Soup

Last night around 8:30 pm I came home from a super busy day where I was IN the home maybe a total of one hour! Running around, working out, football practice, martial arts, etc... I was literally STARVING! I ate clean all day, but came home STARVING! Thank GOD (yes, I am one of THOSE people too!) I had thawed a big container of homemade bone broth the day before. 

One of the things about being "Poor Man Paleo" is that I buy a majority of my food at...GASP...the box store!! Yes, that means Costco, people. I know that this goes against the Paleo purist's mantra of buying/eating local. I buy and eat local as much as I can, but we are feeding a family of 6 on a little tiny income. So we do what we have to! Don't be a hater! 🙋

So here is the recipe for the soup I made last night, which literally took about 20 mins.

4-5 cups bone broth
2 Kirkland (gasp) thin cut chicken breast fillets, frozen
1 carrot, cut in julienned sticks
2 celery stalks, sliced thin
1 garlic clove, chopped fine
1 tsp crushed ginger
1/2 a can of coconut milk
1Tbsp soy sauce or aminos
Thai rice noodles (one handful)
2 leaves Swiss chard or kale, rib out, chopped coarsely

Put the broth in a large saucepan and heat to boiling. Add the frozen chicken breasts and continue to boil over medium high heat for about 10 mins. Remove the chicken breasts and set aside. Add the carrot, celery, garlic & ginger  and boil for 5 more minutes. Meanwhile chop the chicken into small chunks. Add to the soup,a long with the coconut milk, soy sauce and rice noodles. Boil for 5 more minutes. Remove from heat and toss in the chard/kale. Season to taste and chow down!

Hey, I could be on 30 Minute Meals!

No comments:

Post a Comment